Operations & Business Development Manager - Supply Chain Domain (Logistics)
- The ideal candidate is flexible but process oriented, and able to work in a stable company . This individual is detail oriented and can hold others to a high standard. This is an excellent opportunity to work for Gujarat's most famous business conglomerate .
- The candidate will have to manage a TEAM and handle the operations as well .
- The candidate should have 10+ years of Experience
- The candidate should have very good knowledge in custom clearance and custom regulations
- Preferable if he is from container line .
In terms of Business Development the candidate should have
- Experience of Logistics Industry.
- Targeting Customer base comprising of top corporates, MNCs, & Industry Leaders.
- To ensure a steady growth in this business by attaining new clients as well as retaining the existing clients.
- To understand the Logistics market in assigned territory, competitor mapping, find opportunities for breakthroughs, etc. and prepare a market report for internal review meetings of the company.
- Evaluating customer pricing and profitability on a continual basis.
- To devise strategies for penetration into new markets/new regions by analysing the relevant markets and suggest the plans for growth into this business.
- Business Development of Supply Chain Solutions targeting Customers in different industry verticals.
- Preparing Customer Database for each business and ensuring regular follow-ups with existing and prospective customers via phone calls, e-mails, etc.
- Visit the customer and their facility to understand their process and to provide the best solutions at optimal cost.
- Managing sales ensuring accomplishment of set business targets.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of tender proposal and sales presentation to customers and prospects.
- Search for suitable warehouses in the assigned territory/region as per customers requirements.
- Preparing promotional material (brochures, ads, website, gift items, etc.) for the company.
- Contract Logistics Domain Expertise
- Hands on experience and knowledge of Warehousing, Transportation, Bulk Liquid cargo handling, etc.
- Good Local experience of Western India market for Logistics Industry
- Experience in Selling Services in Institutional sales.
- Ability to sell Contract Logistics End to End solutions.
- Knowledge of relevant Taxations impact on Industry & business is must.
- Basic Understanding of Customs procedures and rules for Export-Import
- Good Network base in Logistics and Exim Industry
- Ability to Network closely with Local Operations Team.
Our Client is a business conglomerate based on the western coast of India at Kandla Port, with a global reach and exposure, having diversified interests in the field of Logistics, Power Generation, Real Estate & Education. Founded with the vision of becoming the most omnipotent Logistics Service Provider, Our client today, is recognized as one of the most reliable Logistics solutions providers of India and an undisputed expert in handling cargo with utmost care and getting it delivered to your doorsteps.
Drop Your CV
We will consider your Profile for future JobsSubmit Profile